We want safe, healthy, active streets for everyone to enjoy! Streets where:
- The air is clean
- Walking or cycling is the natural choice for short journeys
- Families can travel to school without cars
- Neighbourhood streets allow neighbours to gather and children to play
- No one is injured or killed.
To create healthy streets, we urgently need to reduce motor traffic. We call on Westminster City Council and Transport for London to:
- Create a network of safe, direct walking and cycling routes across our borough
- Transform multi-lane highways into healthy streets that prioritise walking, cycling and public transport
- Remove through traffic from all residential areas to create low traffic neighbourhoods
- Make school streets traffic-free at school run hours
- Repurpose car parking spaces for seating, greenery and bike parking.